zaterdag 28 juni 2014

Adventure Island Tampa

01 - On The RoadToday again a slow starter. Had to wake up Xandrine again and this time, we had to check out, so we could not extend the stay.





We had to leave our room at 11AM and we did manage to do just that. After that, checked out and filled the car with our suitcases and bags. Today we will be heading for Tampa for a couple of days. But, before going on the highway, I had to pay a visit to a WalMart to pick up an order I placed.



My-oh-my, what is customer service slow at WalMart. At least at the WalMart I was. Rang the customer service bell twice and after 10-15 minutes of waiting I finally got some help picking up my Site-to-Store order. Since it was already pre-paid, I had to wait to pick it up. Otherwise I could easily have left the building and forget about the order.



After I received my order, I went to look for the Frogg Toggs and found them in the outdoor section. Paid the chilly pads and left the WalMart.



Finally we’re on our way.



04 - Cracker BarrelDuring the trip, we stopped for a while at Cracker Barrel to have some lunch, as we were pretty late for breakfast. Maybe one day this trip we’ll make it in time for breakfast, but I do not get my hopes up. Xandrine had a burger with mac & cheese and I had a steak with mashed potatoes and gravy, apples and salad with ranch dressing. I could eat this all day, every day.



After the meal, we had to visit the country store attached to the restaurant, but could not find anything useful, so paid for the food and left.



Just half an hour later, we entered Tampa. And not much later, we arrived at our hotel, the Westin Harbour. We checked in, brought our luggage to the 9th floor and relaxed a bit and enjoyed the view. Then we decided to spend the rest of the afternoon and evening in Adventure Island.



16 - Adventure IslandWe jumped in the car, drove about half an hour through Tampa and arrived on the parking lot of Adventure Island. Changed our clothes and hit the water. First of course Xandrine. We spent a while going through the entire park and then spent quite a while floating around. Around 9PM the park closed and we changed back into dry clothes again and headed back to the hotel. There Xandrine quickly fell asleep. Tomorrow we will probably be going to Busch Gardens on another hot day in Florida.











Adventure Island Tampa

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten