donderdag 5 november 2015

WFC Dessert Category and Welcome Party

Welcome Party

Welcome Party


Today I only have time to let you know that yesterday I had my first Table Captain duty during the World Food Championship in Celebration. I was one of the lucky ones to be able to table captain the dessert category. After that I went over to the BBQ site, met up with Huddie and Josine and went to the Welcome Party.



The day started with a visit to the site where the BBQ contest will be held so that the Serial Grillaz could see what was already available on site and what was still needed for the contests.


Almost everything needed was already available, so after picking a spot we left and went for breakfast at IHOP. I had sirloin tips, which is highly recommended as breakfast, with some eggs.


After that we went over to do some shopping and from there I had to hurry to get to Celebration and be on time for my first duty.


I met some nice people who were on my table as judges, also met the Muller’s from New York state, who are KCBS reps and have been to Europe to Rep the contest at the Ruhrpott.


I will not go into details about the desserts. Some looked nice, but tasted not so good, whilst others looked average but tasted better according the judges. I sampled a few items, which were ok, but not real winners.


After that I got an ice cream and headed over to get ready for the Welcome Party.


The Welcome Party was very well organized and was a blast.



WFC Dessert Category and Welcome Party

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten