zondag 8 november 2015

World Food Championships Top 10"s and Steak #wfc2015

Celebration

Celebration


Today I had no clue what I was going to do. I was simply put down as helper for the day at two categories. I ended up judging sandwich top 10’s and table captain burger top 10’s and steak invitational.



I woke up with absolutely no idea of what I was going to do. I had been put down on the list to be helper at the Top 10 Category Sandwich and helper at the Top 10 Category Burger.


So I headed over to Celebration in time and reported myself as being available to help. I ended up as judge for the Top 10 Category Sandwich. In the sandwich they had to use happy egg, so that was what we as judges were looking for. A perfectly prepared sandwich with egg.


After that I was assigned to be table captain at the Top 10 Category Burger. In the burger, which could be made of beef, pork, poultry, fish or anything else, as long as it’s a burger, the competitors had to use citrus. It’s a touch competition and to find the balance in the burger with noting the usage of citrus was for the judges quite a challenge. I had the chance to taste some of the left overs and there were some exceptional entries.


After finishing both entries, I asked if I could be of any other help during the day and got the opportunity to table captain again during the World Food Championship 2015 Kansas City Steak Invitational. For this category out of every other category’s top 10 competitors, one competitor was drawn to compete this category. In this category they had to prepare two types of steaks from different cuts. After all entries were judged I had the chance to taste some pieces of steak. I can say that these steaks are top of the line steaks, very well prepared by the cooks. I also had a bowl of chili left overs which was extremely well balanced.


From there it was cooling down, taking a drink and wait for award ceremony to start, where I saw the following winners being announced.


The Kansas Steak Company contest was won by Lance Avery.


World Chefs Challenge was won by Chad Combs.


World Food Champion 2015 category Pasta is Team Challenge Butter.


World Food Champion 2015 category Sandwich is Team Rustles.


World Food Champion 2015 category Open Chili is Badazz BBQ.


World Food Champion 2015 category Burger is Rusty’s BBQ.


Congratulations to all category winners and good luck to all during the final cook off on Tuesday.


After having seen all the winners, we went over to Longhorn to get a good meal and after that went back to get ready for bed.



World Food Championships Top 10"s and Steak #wfc2015

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten