vrijdag 6 november 2015

World Food Championship Receipe and Ancillary BBQ

WFC Recipe

WFC Recipe


Today I’m heading out early for the table captain duty at the World Food Championship category Recipe. After that I had some belated breakfast at the Market Street Cafe, checked out the site and then headed over to the Westgate Resort and Spa for my duty at the turn-in table at the ancillary BBQ category. After those contests the Serial Grillaz and I visited a fresh market and ended up at the award ceremonies in Celebration.



The day started early this time, as the judges meeting was scheduled to start at 8:15 AM. After the meeting I spent a few moments looking at the competing teams preparing their dishes. There were some visitors and there was media attention on site. During the judging time frame you do not get to see any of the attention the contest gets. At the table I saw some good and some excellent entries. However, what looks good, does not always have to taste good.


After my duty as table captain at the Recipe category, I went to Market Street Cafe for my breakfast, where I had poached eggs. They were okay, but not the way I think they are supposed to be. It was pretty busy and at first I got the wrong order, so that might have contributed to that.


From there I went a bit sightseeing on site, as there was more activity going on than on the other days. Today the contests really started and there was more to see and taste for visitors.


After a while it was time for me to head over to the Westgate site for my duty at the BBQ ancillary categories steak and gator. No pictures there, as I was too busy working at the turn-in table. There were a lot of teams participating in these categories. In between the two categories I had a couple of minutes to taste some of the steak left overs at the grazing table. There were very good entries in there. After the gator entry again I had a couple of minutes to taste some gator bites, which were mixed. There were some good entries in there too.


After cleaning up, the Serial Grillaz and I travelled to Orlando for some meat and greens grocery shopping. We went to a very nice fresh market store, which had a nice selection of meat. The parsley did not look so good, so we left that and after eating an ice cream it was time to get back for the award ceremony.


We ended up in rush hour traffic and it took a bit longer than expected to get to Celebration, but made it in time for the whole award ceremony. I cannot recall all names and teams that have been called, but I do remember that Jed Thompson of The Beast from France to a 10th place in steak and BBQ Wiesel from Germany took a 6th place in gator. Very well done in the home state of gators and a big congratulation to both teams.


Tomorrow (today) a bit more relaxing for me, as the only thing on my schedule is the judging of burgers.



World Food Championship Receipe and Ancillary BBQ

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten